Typos in Chapter 5
After writing the solutions to the odd-numbered exercises in Chapter 5 of “Introducing Monte Carlo Methods with R”., I alas found the following typos, two of which are rather major (Exercise 5.3 and Example 5.16). I apologise to the readers these typos may confuse.
– Exercise 5.3 has no simple encompassing set and the constraint should be replaced by
– In Example 5.14, the sentence between parentheses should end up with “equal to 0″ (merci, Robin!)
– Example 5.16 has a typo in that the EM sequence should be
– In Exercise 5.15, the Z’s in the formula should be in capital letters, namely
– In Exercise 5.17, the function should be written to be coherent with the notation of Example 5.14
– Exercise 5.21 should have been removed as it duplicates Exercise 5.11…but this redundancy is not going to confuse anyone!
As written earlier, this is a confirmation that I should have followed my own rule of “Always write the correction before the first printing”!